Day 12: May 29

I finally got a picture of the sunrise today!


We had a language scavenger hunt today which was more fun than expected, especially after finding the visitor's center. The man there wouldn't accept gelato as a thank you. I know it's his job, but he had a bunch of Americans hound him today and he was SO helpful! It was frustrating to be told in the middle we couldn't use a bike and that everyone in the group needed to be with us when there were no rules about bikes, the undergrad groups weren't told everyone needed to be there, and there was clearly no advantage because another USC group got the last clue at the same time as us. We only didn't win because we weren't allowed to read lyrics offline of a song Tori knew but didn't know all the words of. I was taken aback when we were told that we "know at least one Italian song." Maybe I should have added that to my homework, but I don't know how I would know that if it wasn't already part of the language lessons (and silly me, I left my language lesson notes back at the host's house). 

Hey, we got far and I at least had some fun. I found a cool shop for gifts for a certain family member! :)


Tori and I spent about 4 hours in the library working on our peer reviews. It would have been more fun to go to Bologna with the undergrads and Lisa, but we got all the work done as best as we could. We didn't do it all in 4 hours--both of us got at least the first chapter done before today. I also worked this morning. I have broken Tori's paper...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: May 17-18, 2024

Day 4: May 21

Day 2: May 19