Day 9: May 26

 I realized after I posted the reflection on day 8 that the pictures are turning out blurry. It’s time to see if keeping the pictures’ hyperlinks helps with that.

Today was a slow day, which is good. I went to St. Andrew’s church before realizing the 9 am mass was at St. Rocco’s. Because there was no singing, mass was less than half an hour. It also helped that the homily was three minutes long. What was very weird though was there was essentially no sign of peace of peace, and the priest went right into the Lamb of God.


I walked around with most of the other grad students and found a place that had salad loaded with vegetables that were “easy to make without sale o olio.” My first real lunch of the trip!

The trip home was quick and almost uneventful. I got a very, very rough draft of my paper for this course finished and then started catching up on missing podcasts. I saw the alps shortly after we left too. Look at those sharp peaks in the very back!



Then at home the boys had made biscuit bees which were adorable.

My mouth also got a little worse over the weekend. I’m pretty sure now that I have had an allergic reaction to something—and Tori and I both think it’s the 2-4 apple a day. My lips are swollen and splitting, and I am hurting inside my mouth too. It’s unfortunate because the apples have been delicous and have been my lunch, but it hurts to eat and now to smile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: May 17-18, 2024

Day 4: May 21

Day 2: May 19